Hormones are extremely important chemical messengers in your body that affect many different aspects of your health. These hormones work together and if even one is slightly imbalanced, it can cause serious health problems.
Many people use synthetic hormone replacements to balance out their hormones, but then you are stuck relying on these medications to keep your symptoms under control. Not only do these therapies just mask the symptoms without actually treating the cause, there are a lot of serious side effects by taking these medications.
If you are looking to balance your hormones naturally, without taking medications, here are 10 tips on how to do so.
1) Eat healthy fats including coconut oil and avocados. Other good sources are grass fed butter and wild caught salmon.
2) Supplement with adaptogen herbs including ashwagandha, medicinal mushrooms, rhodiola and holy basil.
3) Balance your intake of omega 3 to omega 6 fats. Too many people eat too much omega 6s (safflower, sunflower, corn, cottonseed, canola, soybean and peanut oil) and not enough omega 3s (wild fish, flaxseed, chia seeds, walnuts and grass fed animal products).
4) Improve gut health. The top food supplements that improve gut health are bone broth, kefir, and fermented vegetables. Taking a probiotic can also aid in repairing your gut.
5) Eliminate toxic kitchen, beauty and body care products.
7) Reduce stress and get more sleep.
8) Watch your caffeine and alcohol intake.
9) Supplement with Vitamin D3. Most people need 2,000-5,000 IU.
10) Back of the birth control pills.
Info from Draxe.com